Nicholas Stanos Architect, PLLC (NSA) is a full-service architectural firm focused on providing highly refined design and specialized client service for luxury residential projects in New York City and along the East Coast. View projects here.
The firm is looking for a creative and detail-oriented Interior Designer with 3-5 years of experience in private luxury residential interior design who would embrace the opportunity to provide services to three of the firm’s current projects on the East Coast and to assist a Principal Interior Designer on the implementation of a residence in Wyoming.
The firm seeks a motivated and passionate designer with knowledge and appreciation of historic periods of furniture and decoration, color theory, material and furniture selection and procurement, and who is proficient in free-hand and CAD drawing. The candidate should also be an organized and assertive project manager who appreciates the professional and creative benefits of collaborating directly with the firm’s architectural team in all phases of the process from preliminary design through project completion and installation.
The Designer would work full-time from NSA’s NY studio with the flexibility to travel to the firm’s projects and to work periodically from NSA’s satellite office on Cape Cod.
· Collaborate with Principal in developing interior design direction for several projects simultaneously
· Manage and execute interior design services as part of a larger project team and as an independent contributor on stand-alone projects
· Research, present and specify Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment
· Source and order furniture, decorative lighting, fabrics and finishes
· Update and maintain furniture plans
· Collaborate with the Principal to prepare design presentations
· Maintain and manage project budgets and timelines and day-to-day project needs and expectations
· Maintain the studio’s materials and samples library
· Design and draw millwork and custom furniture
· Degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited college/university is preferred
· 3-5 years of work experience with full-scope residential projects
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
· Proficiency in AutoCAD/MicroStation and Adobe Creative Suite
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience and ability.
Health insurance and PTO.
How to Apply:
Submit application via Archinect. Please include cover letter, resume and works samples.
View your Application History