Australia-based contractor and developer Lendlease has appointed Meg Spriggs to the role of managing director of development for the Americas, effective Oct. 1. Spriggs, currently the head of residential for Lendlease’s Google Development Ventures partnership, will be based out of the San Francisco office and report directly to Claire Johnston, CEO, Americas.
In her new role, Spriggs will assume responsibility for the firm’s $21 billion development pipeline in the Americas, which includes projects in New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and the Bay area.
“Meg’s collaborative nature and innovative approach coupled with her expertise in market-driven real estate strategy allow her to navigate complex development projects with precision and excellence,” said Johnston in the release. “I am confident she will expertly support regional leadership as we continue scaling our development business, leveraging the capabilities of Lendlease’s integrated platform.”
Spriggs brings 23 years of development experience to her new role, having overseen the acquisition and development of over 4,000 apartment units, representing over $2 billion in capital across various U.S. markets. In her previous role at Lendlease, she developed and implemented the strategy and business plan for a residential portfolio across four mixed-use districts in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Prior to joining Lendlease, Spriggs held leadership positions with Shorenstein Properties and AvalonBay Communities.
Spriggs holds a master’s degree in real estate development from Columbia University and bachelor’s degrees in Economics and Spanish from the University of Oregon.
In July, Lendlease laid off about 10% of its global workforce. The cuts affected about 740 workers total, or about 5% of Australian staff and 15% elsewhere across the world, with estimates they will save the business AU$80 million ($54.4 million) to AU$100 million in costs.